Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Skincare Tips!



*These tips are for men and women of all ages*

Here I want to share with you guys some really great advice for your skin. I do want to say that I do not have the perfect skin and it is in my genes to have acne. Both my parents had bad acne. 9/10 people have acne so it's perfectly normal. But their are ways to get rid of it. I used to have severe acne, I tried ever single kind of cleansers, pills, and cremes. It's not just about all of the things you put on your face or what medicines you take. So many people have tried to give me advice in the past and would ask me if I washed my face and of course I washed it. I'm one of the most germ free and clean people around!
#1 : Water It moisturizes the skin and makes it not dull and dry. Even if you have oily skin this is so important. My skin is oily and drinking water is good for my skin. If your not drinking water you can and will break out.
#2 : Sleep This one is hard for me because I love staying up late, and I usually get 5 hours of sleep. Sleeping will lower stress levels so you wont get as many break outs. Not enough sleep will make your skin look dull and dry. Get at least 8 hours of sleep!
#3 : Exercise I hate to exercise but I know I need to. I know that I need more of it too! It increases blood flow, reduces stress levels, and less chance of breaking out. After exercising definitely make sure you shower or at least wash your face.
#4 : Diet You are what you eat. Anything with antioxidants will cleanse your body. Fruits and veggies are great for the skin. Foods like strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, a glass of water with lemon. Try and eliminate sodas and red meats. My diet is one can of soda per week and the occasional burger. I love my cheeseburgers, haha. I try and drink as much water and orange juice as possible and I have noticed a huge improvement. I can't eat or drink a lot of dairy because of the hormones in the milk which causes my skin to break out.
#4 : Moisturize It is so important to moisturize. Even if you have oily skin and feel their is no need of moisturizer, your very wrong. I use to think that 'Oh, I already have oily skin so if I use moisturizer it will make it even worse and feel worse'. Boy was I wrong. I use to over cleanser which means dry skin. Which leads the skin to produce more oil which leaves your oily and clogged pores. If you have sensitive skin, use a gel formula. Some good moisturizers are Roc, Olay, Aquamoist, Laniege, and Aloe Vera. Always get oil-free.

I highly reccomend Neutregena and would not reccomend Proactive to anybody!
Try and avoid Toners with Alcohal in it. Toners tones, prevents acne & softens skin it also promotes skin cell renewel.
#5 : Exfoliate Treat your skin with a face mask! I really love to make my own handmade facial masks. I usually take regular yogurt and crushed strawberries and place it on my face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Their are face masks you can buy at your store though. I also reccomend Queen Heline mint julepe mask. These masks will exfoliate which is highly essential!! It removes dead skin cells and dirt in your pores. It also smooths skin and allows new skin to form.

Three major tips that anyone would swear by if you tried these.
*1- Green Tea, antioxidants, anti aging, speeds up metabolism,
*2- Special fask mask, Honey, Natural Yogurt, & oatmeal
*3- your conciense. just believe your skin will be better. Love yourself.

If you have any questions, help, or tips just ask me here or through Second Life. I'm always here to answer questions. If I am not online I will recieve your message through email. Thanks for reading!

- Aiden Winslet xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment